Friday, November 25, 2022

No Birds or Squirrels

 I was busy all day and didn't take the time to watch out the patio door so I don't know what the birds and squirrels were up to today. It got up to 48 today so the last vestiges of snow in the shade disappeared. I had my Women's Spirit Zoom this afternoon and SND found a timer that had a squirrel in the snow so I wrote about how Durwood had a vendetta against them because they ate the birdseed and peanuts instead of leaving them for the birds. Now when I see the squirrels out there leaping up to the peanut wreath or clinging to the suet pellets feeder I think of my beloved Durwood and smile. Thanks, squirrels!

The second Christmas cactus bloom opened a bit more today and I am hopeful that at least one more of the remaining four buds will open too. Maybe they'll open one at a time. I don't care as long as they open.



I had a heck of a time getting the words started today but I finally had a thought and wrote it out. Whew. Lala reminded me that I'm the boss of my characters so I have five more days to make them do something more than sit around with their feet up on the beach.


The first page I drew was out of How to Draw People. It's a page of faces. I especially like the guy on the right with all the hair.



In Seuss-isms the next picture is of this little guy wielding a baseball bat. On the opposite page are some creatures that look pretty mean that he's threatening. I'll draw them tomorrow.


At Friday Night Knitting Zoom tonight I got a lot of rows added to the Rainbow Sophie Scarf. Only 48 more little rows until I get to the last seven rows that finishes it off.


Like I said, I was kind of pressed for time today, what with doing yoga and taking a shower and getting dressed in clean clothes and writing a thank you note, so I didn't find anything to toss.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sometimes it's amazing how the day can fly by.