Saturday, November 12, 2022

And Flakes

Not only was it cold and windy today but at one point in the afternoon I looked out and there were snowflakes flying around. Not many and you could barely see them but they were there. Seeing them motivated me to go outside in my winter jacket with a hat and gloves and swap the lawnmower and the snowblower. I also put the patio chairs in the shed while I was at it. The hardest part of the swap is the fact that I have to push the snowblower around the house and into the garage because I can't use the electric start in the backyard. Oh, now that I think of it I could plug in an extension cord and start it that way. Oh well, next year maybe I'll remember to do that.



The first recipe I made this morning was Chicken Breasts Pierre. I know I say this about every recipe but it really smelled good. It has Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, celery seed, chili powder, and brown sugar that you stir into a can of stewed tomatoes. The aroma reminds me of Mom's sloppy joes and I love them.


I was all ready to make Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls (which is basically ground turkey and cabbage stew) when I took a look at the cabbage half that had been languishing in the crisper drawer for too long and realized that I couldn't shave off the edge and use it. It was too far gone. So I had to bundle back up and head over to Meijer for a head of cabbage and some lunch supplies. Saves me having to go tomorrow. Once I got home I made the stew and while it cooked I came back here and started writing for the day.



Today was another of those days when I didn't really have an idea so I pushed people around and made them talk to each other. It isn't great literature but I got the job done and 1801 words were added to the total. I talked things over with my writing friend, cda, this evening so I have a couple ideas for tomorrow's writing. Fingers crossed.


This evening I finished finishing the Big Wool Cap 2 by threading the tail through the remaining stitches then weaving in all the ends. I weighed the leftover yarn from both skeins and I don't have enough to make another whole hat but I found some green super bulky wool in the leftovers bin that I'll use to make a wide stripe above the ribbing so I can hopefully use up the rest of the beige Big Wool. I'm tired of having a little bit of yarn left that I can't do anything with.



I didn't have a lot of spare time to draw today so I ended up dashing off a couple people to see if I could make them look happier than the people I drew yesterday. I think they definitely don't look as crabby or sad.


Then I tried my hand at dressing a couple stick people. That went okay but I wish they had faces. And the man needs a bigger head, he's got a peanut head.


I didn't have much down time today. Didn't find anything to toss. But I'm glad that I got the mower and blower swapped and got the chairs put away. I have to remember tomorrow to replenish the De-con in the shed. The stuff I put in there last spring is all gone. Sorry, mice.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Definitely happier people today. Snow already? Too early but inevitable