Thursday, November 3, 2022

Still A Little Green

I looked out at my little Pacific Sunset maple tree to see that the leaves have started to change color. They're very beautiful and there's still a little green on the lower branches. I'll be watching where those leaves fall. Hope it isn't windy when they do.



The gold mums are still blooming, still glowing in the sunlight. Today is probably going to be the last warm, sunny day for a while. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow and we're supposed to get a couple inches of rain or so DM said tonight at knitting. Ugh. Then the temperature is supposed to sink into the low 50s for the rest of next week. Oh well, I guess we can't have high 60s and 70s for too long into November, it just isn't natural.


I settled down to write after lunch and managed 2173 words in about two hours. I sent my characters to a beach bar party so there's lots of dancing and dialogue. Fun! And I searched online for a map of Anguilla that I could print out so I'd not have to rely on made up names in the story.



When I sit down to write I plug earbuds into my ears and boot up a playlist of nature sounds on Amazon Music. It's a creek burbling along, a bunch of waves, and rain. For some reason those kinds of sounds trigger the writing part of my brain. I guess it's because I used to listen to sounds like that when Durwood was still around and had the TV on in the other room. This is a pretty small place so I needed white noise to cancel out the audio on the television.


The daily art page said to carefully draw circles using various media and fill the page. I started out drawing small circles like the first three examples but then I decided to go big and overlap them. That was much more fun than making rows of small circles over and over.



Then I decided to see if I couldn't do a better job of drawing a YEP on a step out of the Seuss-isms book I got at the library yesterday. I think I did and then I drew the boy running down the steps in front of the YEPS. He's pretty good too. Not as good as yesterday's Cat in the Hat but not bad.


Speaking of drawing I got another drawing book today from Amazon. See, I have this gift card that I need to spend and saw this book, wanted it, and ordered it. I'll dive into it when I get through with the books that I'm drawing through now.



Tonight I went to KE's to knit with friends and worked on this Simple Alpaca Shawl. I remembered why it was in timeout, it's so boring to knit on. I managed to add four rows in two hours. I need to keep working on this at least a little, because soon enough it'll be shawl weather and I'll wish it was finished.


I got a haircut this morning. Man, I hate all the hair schnipples that sift down under my shirt and bra. They're so itchy. JS blow dries my hair and I go outside when I get home and ruffle through my hair but still I end up with little pieces of hair all over me. Arrgh.

--Barbara

No comments: