Friday, November 4, 2022

More Book Sorting

 I couldn't spare any time yesterday for book sorting but since my afternoon Zoom with writing friends was cancelled today I went back down this morning to spend an hour. The boxes on the tables in the foreground are the ones that need emptying. The boxes on the shelves in the background are the Give A Kid A Book program books; we don't have to do anything to those. Whew. While I was there a maintenance guy rolled another cart in with twenty more boxes of books to sort, plus there was a cart of withdrawn fiction hard covers parked in the hall outside the sorting room. There were a lot more people there than I've ever seen before and I suspect that they stayed a lot longer than I did but I needed to guard my writing hours.



After lunch I sat down here to write and was stumped for a while. This little bit took me almost half an hour to wring out but then I got into a groove and finished 1778 words in a little over two hours. I was sweating it there for a while but I managed to get enough words down for the day. I think tomorrow I need to have something bad happen to one of my characters or maybe I'll just keep plugging away and hope that something exciting happens soon.


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Puffin. That distinctive beak is what makes a puffin a puffin, I think. I'm still rotten at bird feet.



Then I paged through Seuss-isms and found this little creature to draw. I don't know if it's a bird or a kid in a bird suit but I like it.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I cast on and worked on another Big Wool Cap. I knitted two rows on the Simple Alpaca Shawl and then put it aside in favor of this cap. There's just something about that shawl that drives me mad. I think I'll finish the stockinette section I'm in then do a garter stitch section then bind it off and be done with the darned thing.


I had to take the leaf blower out this morning and send a bunch of leaves back into a pile that they'd blown off of over the last day or so. I'm glad I did it before going to the library because by the time I got back home the drizzle had started and my puny leaf blower wouldn't have been able to move wet leaves and I'd have been stuck raking.

--Barbara

No comments: