Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Can You Say Dreary?

It was so overcast today that I had the light on in the kitchen just so I could keep my spirits up. It threatened rain all day and kind of spit raindrops around in the afternoon but just about an hour ago there was a pretty good burst of rain. There's a pretty good wind too. Yuk. Although I'm glad that it wasn't snow.


Two of the Christmas cactus buds have bloomed simultaneously! And it looks like one of the others is fixing to bloom too. This is my year!



Writing went pretty well today. I think I might have finally had an idea now that there's only one more day of NaNoWriMo left but that doesn't mean that I'll stop working on the manuscript. It just means that I probably won't work on it every day.


I ate an apple while writing this afternoon and decided to try to draw my apple core. It kind of looks like my apple core. I should have done more shading to denote the planes and angles but it's not too bad. I have to practice drawing things not copying things.



Then I turned the page in Seuss-isms to find this guy upset because there's a spot on his towel. I think I'm getting the hang of Dr. Seuss hair on his little guys. Now that I say that the next time won't go so well.


Look what came in the mail today. My first Christmas card of the season. *sigh* I guess that means that Christmas really is coming. Besides I got three big boxes from Amazon with all kinds of presents in them and only one something for me. Christmas is definitely on the way since next Thursday is December 1 already.

 


I decided that I needed something new to knit. Something with pretty variegated yarn and I had just the yarn in mind and already wound into a cake. So I dug out a shawl pattern and cast on. This is really skinny yarn and small needles but it's pretty mindless knitting so far. That, of course, will change when I'm done with this first part but I've made this shawl before with thicker yarn and bigger needles so I know that I can do this. The colors are blending together more than I'd like but I still like the way it's looking.


Tomorrow I get to make WW cheesecake so the flavor can meld before I need to serve it on Thursday night when friends come over to knit. Man, I hope it turns out. Fingers crossed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I can't believe it's almost December either but your cactus blossoms prove Christmas is on the way. Plus that very early Christmas card.