Saturday, November 26, 2022

I Filled the Feeders

but then I immediately came back here to write so if the squirrels found the nuts or the birds found the seeds I didn't see it. Today was a slow start day. I didn't get up until almost 9 o'clock and then it took me two hours to have breakfast, do yoga, bring in the mail and the first of the Christmas avalanche of packages, and get dressed. Hey, I'm retired, I don't have to get it together early.

Then I went to the grocery and was lucky enough to find the last ingredients I need so I can make WW Cheesecake with a brownie crust for Thursday night's knitting here. It wasn't too bad being at the grocery on a Saturday. It wasn't too crowded and they had everything I wanted to buy. Score!


It was also a slow start writing day. What came to mind I didn't really want to write so I tried to weasel my way around it and ended up paraphrasing it to get through to something I enjoyed writing. There still really isn't much conflict in the story and I don't know if there's a story there at all but I'll keep writing, at least for the next four days, and hope for the best.



The second Christmas cactus flower opened up completely today. They are so pretty and delicate looking.


These are the creatures that were on the opposite page from the little guy with the baseball bat that I drew out of Seuss-isms yesterday. These are not friendly looking creatures. It's no wonder he's after them with the bat.



On the next page of Sketching was a big sign for Happy Friday but I made my letters too big so all I managed to fit on the sign was Happy Day. That's okay, there's room for artistic license.


After supper I sat down and finished the last 48 rows of the Rainbow Sophie Scarf and the 7 finishing rows. It's a little scrap of a scarf but it feels nice on my neck because the yarn is half silk. Ahhh.

 

I finished the small amount of smoked turkey breast that I brought home on Thursday for supper tonight. I treated myself to a slice of toasted onion bread as a turkey breast holder. So good. I wish I'd been greedier and taken more but I had to leave some for the family, they have 10 mouths to feed.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

That Happy Day sign is better than the suggestion. Every day should be a happy one -- not just Thanksgiving.