Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Overnight Snow Again

 I woke up to more snow. The sun came out for part of the day so a lot of it melted but still, snow. Ugh. One good thing, a lot of birds came to the feeders today. I don't know why, maybe other foods were covered by the snow or maybe it was just my turn. This Red-bellied Woodpecker came back a few times to the tube feeder and finally stayed long enough for me to get its picture.



Then a Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet cakes and posed nicely. After that a female Downy landed on the suet pellets but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of her. There were Starlings and Nuthatches and Chickadees and Cardinals plus loads of Sparrows too.


And one little Goldfinch that sat on top of the crook for a minute so I could take his picture. He wasn't willing to battle for seed with all of the other birds. He didn't stay long.



Writing was better today. I have all of my main characters in the Seaview and it's raining and blowing outside so there are a lot of opportunities for mishaps. I banked 2013 words today and really like some of them.


The next bird in Draw Like an Artist was a Macaw. It was probably one of the easiest birds to draw. Finally something easy.



I drew some faces with different noses and eyes but then turned to Seuss-isms for fun where I found this kid trudging across the snowy landscape.


In the afternoon I listened to an audiobook and finished Big Wool Cap 3. I was playing yarn chicken and lost. You can see that I had to pick up the green yarn to complete the top. I had enough yarn for about half a round so I used the green for the last three rounds. I think it looks okay and you can see the tiny scrap of yarn that I had left.



This is a terrible picture but I wanted to show you that the rosebud on Dad's rose is still out there and still alive. It doesn't even look frosted.


Today's toss was one of the old drawing books that I found downstairs earlier this week. I flipped through it and I won't use it. Someone will.

I found a recipe for WW Cheesecake with a brownie crust on the Pound Dropper website this evening. I've already checked my larder for what I need to buy to make it and put things on the list. Did you know that Jello makes sugar-free cheesecake flavored pudding mix? Neither did I. There are a bunch of other ingredients like plain Greek yogurt and eggs and sugar substitute and stuff like that.

--Barbara

No comments: