Sunday, November 27, 2022

I Saw Some

 There were still lots of peanuts in the peanut wreath this morning and I was sitting at the table long enough to see this squirrel leap up to grab the wreath and wriggle out a nut. They are so fast that it's hard to catch them at it but sometimes I can manage.



Then a Downy Woodpecker came to peck on the suet cakes. There has been a huge flock of Starlings in the neighborhood this last week and they were in the yard. I took their picture but it just looks like dark blobs in with the leftover leaves and browning grass so I deleted it. They also like the suet pellets and flap their wings like crazy to hold on long enough to snatch a nibble. Again I wasn't fast enough to take a picture.


Writing went okay today. I put one of the guests in an embarrassing situation and let her try to deal with it. She didn't do a very good job of it but I got a lot of words out of her uneasiness. Then I sent both guests snorkeling which tacked on the last few hundred words I needed to hit my daily goal with a few extras for padding. I'm less than one thousand words from fifty thousand with three more days to go. I don't have a complete story and I don't know where it's going but I have a lot of words. Some of them I've used more than once. 😉



The bird today in Draw Like an Artist was a Bird of Paradise. I don't think that I did the tail correctly but it turned out all right.


Then I turned to the next page in 10-Steps: Everyday Things to find a skateboard and tennis shoes. I made the tennis shoes red because I like red shoes. I have a lot of red shoes but I won't be jumping onto a skateboard anytime soon.



I added a few rounds onto the latest Toe Cap while I watched the last two episodes of The Great British Baking Show. I got wrapped up in the show and stopped knitting.


That's all I have today. Oh, today's toss was an ancient ViewMaster I found down in the basement. No picture disks, just the viewer.

It was chilly and breezy today. I only went outside to top off the birdbath. I had a hard time getting warm and my hands are still cold but it's too hard to type if I'm sitting on my hands or wearing fingerless mitts.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I didn't know there is an actual bird of paradise. I thought that was the name of a plant. Learn something new every day