Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Still Sewing

 


I spent today sewing up all but two of the masks I cut out yesterday.  I'll do the other two tomorrow when it's supposed to be cold and windy.  (sheesh, it isn't cold enough in the basement when it's in the 60s, no, it has to drop into the 40s for a few days)  The two masks in the middle are for DS and DIL1.  I found this beer fabric in my stash and thought it'd be fun for them to have beer masks.  Lighten things up.  The others are for far-flung relatives.




 


Here's one of the hyacinth blooms.  See how spindly it is?  Usually a hyacinth is a thick stalk of flowers; I don't know what's up with them this year.





I saw a fly!  I was sitting at the table eating my chili at lunchtime and saw something black flit around the patio door outside.  It was a fly.  I know it's kind of blurry but the camera focused on the curtain and then the screen's between me and the fly but, look!, a fly, the first fly of the season.  It must really be spring.





Tonight I added a few rows to the Baktus scarf.  At this rate I won't have this done until next winter but I don't really care.  It's just garter stitch (knit every stitch) so it's good TV knitting.





 08 April--Tabs.  

My life needs tabs,
files to sort things into.
Each facet needs
a particular place
so I can put pieces of life away
or find them when I need them.
Sewing, writing, knitting, exercising, cooking--
every "should" would have
a neatly labeled tab,
color-coded,
to calm the clamor
in my head.
~~~~~

Today my baby brothers turned 64 years old.  Happy birthday, TWA and AJA!  I called and sang to them and then had a nice chat with each of them.  Ahh, family.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What's up with that hyacinth? Looks like it's on a diet. Still a sweet little flower. And yes, welcome to the first fly of summer. Good that it was outside. All your masks are fashion statements. So colorful and cute. Especially the ones for the brewmeisters.