Saturday, April 18, 2020

Bird Day

 
This morning a male cardinal came to the feeder.  It stayed long enough for me to take its picture.  I'm always amazed that a bird can fly into that narrow space without clonking its head or clipping its wings.


 

In the afternoon I was surprised to see a chickadee taking a bath.  Chickadees zoom in and out all day, grabbing a seed and taking off, but this is the first time I saw one in the birdbath--and it stayed long enough to get its picture taken.  It was like watching a tiny ping pong ball take a bath.




I went up to the neighborhood farmer's market at noon because I was down to only one apple and instead of getting button mushrooms I went to the stall of the fancy mushroom man for a bag of shiitake mushrooms.  I'd never had them before so I sliced them and sauteed them to have with my supper.  They were superb.







Supper was pretty superb too.  I thawed out a couple tuna steaks, marinated them in sesame and lime, and (slightly over-)cooked them on the grill.  Mushrooms, broccoli, and grilled tuna--mmm.  You totally wish you'd been here.



18 April--Deathly.  

Lilies grow white and deathly pale
their fragrance sweet and strong
at dusk it rises
to salute the coming of the night
~~~~~

Short and sweet.  Sometimes that's all that needs to be said.  I didn't get to writing this afternoon.  I had a little patio visit with certain people that I don't get to hug right now but still get to see now and again.  And tonight I got a remote visit from the smallest of the people.  It seems he was missing Meemaw.  Aww.  I miss you too, tiny tornado.

And it's raining.  Who ordered that?
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You're right. I totally wish I'd been there for your yummy looking dinner. Especially those mushrooms. Love the birds of course. That chickadee looks like a little dust ball out there. So tiny. Glad you got the see the kiddos -- one way or another.

Today's poem:

Don't want to be boring when I'm "indoor-ing."
But not much to say about my uneventful day.