Friday, April 3, 2020

Bath Day

Today was birdie bath day, at least for this robin.  It did a very thorough job of getting clean.  It would splash around, jump on the rim, preen a bit, then back into the water it would go.  Robins are very enthusiastic bathers; they remind me of a toddler in the tub, splashing all the water out.




It was sunny this morning and warmish, 50-ish, so it really felt like spring until I spied a pair of juncos hopping around pecking up fallen seed.  Like I've told you, juncos are a winter migrant that goes north when it really is spring near the arctic.  They're still here so we could still have winter.






This bluejay and a cardinal were both at the feeders simultaneously.  Just as I lifted the camera ready to snap a picture, the cardinal flew off so all I have is the bluejay wrestling a peanut out of the wreath.  Twice more they were here together and twice more they flew off too fast.






Oh, I made good supper tonight.  I'd bought some small pizza crusts, some pizza sauce, and turkey pepperoni so I precooked onions and bell peppers to sprinkle on the sauce, then paved the top with pepperoni and baked it.  The only cheese I have is low-fat which doesn't bake well so I put it on when the pizza came out of the oven.  Mm, it was delicious.  Not Papa Murphy's but good nevertheless.


I spent the afternoon gathering three recipes and getting ingredients together and thawing if necessary so I can do some investment cooking tomorrow.  Being single makes it hard to have a variety of suppers but if I make two or three, portion them out, and then freeze them, I can have a variety and still eat healthy and low fat meals.  On the docket tomorrow is: Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili (for which I made a jar of chili seasoning because I'm not going to the store for just that), Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies, and Loaded Up Chicken Bake which altogether makes 22 servings.  Score!


This evening I added a couple inches to the Baktus scarf.  It seems like the colors aren't changing until I stand back to take its picture and then I see the subtle changes.  I'm looking forward to the color shifts and surprises.


03 April--Laundry.  

Like a marionette with its strings cut,
dirty clothes heap in the hamper.
One shirt sleeve inside out,
torn knees jeans (not the fashionable kind).
No-longer-white socks 
peek from beneath it all.
Monday is laundry day,
has been forever,
summer and winter.
"Monday is laundry day,"
she mutters as she hauls
the first load downstairs
and fires up faithful
Mr. Washie. 
~~~~~

You know you've been #saferathome when your credit card bill comes and the balance owed is $00.00.  I had to look at it twice.  I know that my "internet" credit card bill won't be zero but I can't have everything.  I think while I'm cooking tomorrow I'll carry up the pile of cotton fabric and cut out masks while things are slow cookering and baking. Maybe.  Don't want to pile all the excitement on a single day since it looks like I won't be going anyplace anytime soon.  Nighty-night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Maybe that junco is sheltering in place. At least he has some colorful companions with the cardinal and bluejay. I'm sure you like that zero balance on your credit card statement. A tiny plus in this time of so many negatives. Your pizza looks delicious. Happy cooking!!!