Friday, April 24, 2020

Pajama Day

 

I declared today a pajama day so not much of note got accomplished.  I got the slow cooker fired up this morning with chicken tikka masala and forgot to take its picture.  Of. Course.  *sigh*  So you get a picture of the last time I made it.  It's tasty and the house smells great.


 


Last week when a cardinal landed on the platform feeder I wondered how it landed without hitting its head.  Well, today this mourning dove got itself into the platform feeder and I couldn't figure out how it managed it but manage it the bird did.  It even turned around in there and never bonked its head.  I thought it looked like a battleship in a parking garage.



This evening at 6:00 I got to go to Friday Night Knitting--on Zoom.  It was so good to see their faces and hear my friends' voices.  I suspected that I'd get more knitting done with them around and I did.  I added a good 3" to the Baktus scarf.  The bad news is that the red/pink variegated yarn got to a black section and it was hard to differentiate which yarn I was working with so at least once I neglected to increase a stitch.  I'm not going back to fix it.  No one will notice unless I point it out.


24 April--Just peachy.  

How are you? they ask.
I'm fine, I say,
just peachy.
Do they know it's a lie?
If I had to pick a color
to describe how I feel
I'd pick beige.
Peach is warm,
peach is happy.
Beige is neutral.
I'm going along
in neutral.
Stuck at home.
Stuck in neutral.
How am I?
Beige.
~~~~~

Don't worry, that is not how I'm feeling, at least not most of the time.  Sometimes, yeah, but mostly I'm just fine, happy even.  Tomorrow morning I get to Zoom with my kids and grandkids.  I can't wait.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Perfect description of the dove in the bird feeder. They've got to have built-in radar to manage that landing in such a tight space. That Zoom thing sounds like a real lifesaver in these shut-in times. Glad you got to see your Friday Night Knitters. Tiny bit of rain down here this morning but not enough to cancel Paul's golf game -- thank goodness!!

Today's poem:

Try a new recipe. What to prepare?
Something exotic -- Paul, beware!!