Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A Search

Last week I looked for my copy of Office to see what version I have to tell a friend.  (Office 365 Personal)  I thought I knew where it was, which was in a blue accordion folder tucked into the tall narrow shelves to the right of this desk.  I looked in the folder and didn't find it.  Dang it.  So today I took everything off of the shelves, dusted, tossed a lot of old stuff, and found my copy of Office--in the blue accordion folder.  How does that happen?  I sorted carefully through the folder the other day and the program card thingy wasn't there, I swear it wasn't, and yet there it was today.  Grr.



This little sparrow came this afternoon for a spot of solo bathing.  Usually there are at least a half-dozen of the little brown birds splashing and fluffing but today this little guy was all alone.


As was this fuzzy bunny grazing on the cracked corn and seed that the sparrows and chickadees toss out of the feeder hanging above here.  It looks so soft and fuzzy but I know that this bunny or one very much like it is grazing on my daffodil buds and flowers.  I went out to pick a couple more daffodils today and found about seven empty stems.  Arrgh.


I knitted some on Car Knitting Warshrag #18 this afternoon while listening to an audiobook but when I went to take a picture the camera wouldn't work.  I'm going to be very displeased if my camera has gone haywire and I have to go back to using my old little one or my phone camera.  (Typing that reminded me to charge the little camera battery in case what's wrong with my "good" camera isn't that the battery is dead.)  Because I am certain that the camera store isn't an "essential" business and wanting my camera fixed isn't a good reason to go to the store anyway.

15 April--Resolutions.  

In the cold and dark
of midwinter
a new year is born.
Hopeful souls spend it
making resolutions,
promises to be nicer,
eat better,
join the gym,
slim down,
clean the basement.
We start the year
with the best of intentions
only to fail
before January is over.
~~~~~

It was so cold today.  30 degrees when I woke up with a feels like temp of 20 degrees.  I was glad that I didn't have to go out.  The average temperature for today is 54.  That's like a dream.  Brr.  It's supposed to warm up in a week or so.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yes, that bunny is cute but he'll grow up to be a rabbit. We like the bunnies but not the rabbits. At least that's my take. Hope your camera gets well. I love those sharp pictures of your flowers -- if the rabbits leave any, that is.

Today's poem:

Trying to sound smart. But where do I start?