Sunday, April 5, 2020

Not Much...

To show today.  I spent the morning sorting through cotton fabrics and cutting out the simpler, pleated style masks, and sewing one up as a prototype.  It looked good but was too tight on DS and too loose on DIL1--and it's not adjustable.  So now I'm rethinking that style of mask.  I think I'll sew them together but maybe put ties on instead of elastic.  Ties make it adjustable.  In the meantime I'll cut out some of the formed masks like I made before.  So what if it takes an hour to make one, what else do I have to do with my time?  I do wish I could transport all of my sewing things upstairs so I can look outside and not be cold.  It's chilly in the basement.



Late this afternoon I went out and raked the patio.  The Weber was about hubcap deep in leaves and they'd gotten rained on last week so the leaves were heavy.  I got them all raked into a pile and then out to the street.  My renter offered to have a "raking party" next weekend to help me finish the job.  I won't say no.


Look what I found when I was raking-- the rhubarb is sprouting!  Fortunately I saw the sprouts before I raked across the tender sprouts.  I'm calling those leaves "mulch."  Too bad I can't rename all of the leaves but there are too many of them and they're really stuck to the grass.  They've gotta go.




I've been watching out for a nice sunset these sunny days but it's been very low key.  I decided to take its picture anyway today.  Some days I don't really notice all of the power lines, etc. that are between me and the view.  Today wasn't one of those days.


05 April--New.

Shiny and bright,
it gleams in the spring sun.
Red, pink, green
wrinkled, crumpled
poking above the cold soil
like fingers of promise,
pies of the future.
Rhubarb sprouts!
~~~~~


My renter shared some of her Good Dog Porter with me today so I looked beer up on WW only to discover that a 4 oz. serving (my preferred size) is a mere 2 points.  That made it all the better.  Much to my surprise I'm developing a taste for the stuff.  I have very little tolerance for drink so 4 oz. is my speed, any more and I'd be under the table.  Cheap date.  

G'night.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Glad you didn't rake over those rhubarb sprouts. You've got a sharp eye to spot them among the "mulch." Have you noticed how often rhubarb is an ingredient in many of the efforts on "The Great British Baking Show?" Paul always shakes his head when it appears. Of course, he'd never eat it. He does not know what he's missing. You are a good mother -- learning to like your boy's beer! Four ounces is more than a "no thank you" serving.