Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter...

to all.  I hope you had a good day or at least that it went by fast.  I spent a lot of time on the phone with relatives, facetimed with DS and family, and texted madly with a friend.  It was windy today and started to rain around 3 o'clock.  Dreary.  Crummy weather makes it easier to stay home.


I finished Car Knitting Warshrag #17 this afternoon and cast on #18, reversing the yarns again.  You can see where I ran out of the muted colors skein and the brighter sea colors skein began but it's just a warshrag so *shrug.*




For supper I whipped up Shrimp and Vegetables served over Garlic-Herb Grits.  I didn't have all of the right ingredients, like fresh tomato to dice, so I drained a can of diced tomatoes and used that.  It wasn't bad.  I didn't have celery so I put in some celery seed.  Making do.  It was delicious (even if I did overcook the shrimp a bit) and there's another serving for tomorrow.


I saw that the grape hyacinths are starting to bloom but it was starting to rain so I didn't go out to take a picture.  Maybe it'll be nice on Tuesday... maybe the rabbit won't eat them all first...  We can only hope.

12 April--LOL.  

Infectious.
Cathartic.

There's nothing like it
to make your skin tingle,
make your eyes bright.

Laughter is the best medicine.
Laugh your cares away,
they say.

I say,
bring it.
~~~~~

Well, that's the best I can do with the little material I have for today.  The only other thing I did today was wash a sink full of dishes.  Exciting.  I'm living on the edge.  I hope you had a good Easter day.  My across the street neighbors hung a banner next to their front door that says "GO AWAY."  I can't decide if they mean the Easter Bunny, the mailman, or everyone.  Gives me something to consider as I fall asleep.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your shrimp dinner looked wonderful. Even slightly over-cooked, I'll take shrimp any day. Great talking with you yesterday. The highlight of my Easter! The baby bunny trapped on the lanai hasn't re-appeared so maybe he really was the Easter Bunny and only here for one day.

Poem for today:
Watching the mail for a mask or two
Many "Thank Yous" to Barbara Sue!

XXXXX