Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Crocuses!





Every time I go out to check there are more crocuses poking up and getting ready to unfurl.  The sun came out late this afternoon so I was able to take pictures of the purple striped and all purple ones.






I am always trying to get a good photo of a chickadee and have no luck.  Today I managed it.







The daylilies in the bed next to the patio are sprouting even though they're on the north side of the house.  I suppose being next to the house helps them retain a little heat although they're behind the lilies on the west side of the house and the ones on the south side too.  I am happy for every little peek of green struggling up through the leaves and fronds of last year.

I got to have a porch visit with DS today.  He texted asking if I was interested and I definitely was so I bundled up and went over for a half hour of through-the-storm-door chat with him, LC, and OJ.  DIL1 is back at work so I missed seeing her.  I gave them a couple of the masks I made last week and have to make some for the kiddos next.  I got color choices and will cut them out tomorrow.



Look!  I got a Zambaldi Beer shirt today.  I'm so excited to wear it  When it's warm enough for short sleeves.





And I made lotion this afternoon too.  I think that my last batch was flawed somehow because it doesn't seem to moisturize very well.  It couldn't be that my skin is dry and aging, could it?  Nah.  My computer has finally decided to stop running the version of Print Shop that I've had for years so I went on ebay and found one that runs with Windows 10.  Can't wait until it arrives.





01 April--Every morning

Morning like a squinted eye
grudges the light
filtered through gray
overcast.
Snow spits from dyspeptic sky,
swirls last autumn's leaves
around the legs of the frozen
Weber.
March departs like a cranky codger
grumbling about arthritis,
creaky joints, and winter days in 
Spring.
~~~~~

April is Poetry Month so I grabbed a prompt list off the internet and will be inflicting poetry on you for the next 30 days.  You've been warned.
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Beautiful pictures and a poem! Great way to start my day of hunkering down. So glad you got to have the through-the-storm-door visit with the kids. Cancelled my cleaning lady so that means I might have to do some actual housework. Eeekkk!!!