Sunday, April 26, 2020

Swapped

I took a chance that we're not going to have any more big snowstorms today and swapped the snowblower for the lawnmower in the garage for my "chore of the day."  I am happy to report that the snowblower started so I didn't have to push it around to the shed in back of the house and I got the lawnmower started in fewer than twenty pulls so I didn't have to yank my arm out of the socket trying to get it started.  Whew.  I got out the patio chairs and filled the tank that holds the umbrella pole in place but didn't put the umbrella out yet.  I'm not sure why.  Getting the hose working was a trick and a half.  The Y-connector split over the winter so it was like a fountain when I turned it on but I have another Y so I took the hoses off, took the Y-connector off, and proceeded to try to reattach the hose.  It didn't want to.  It kept cross-threading.  I'd try to put it  on, it'd go on so far and then stick.  I'd take it off, hold it at a different angle, and try again.  Nope.  Frustrated, I finally took off the Y-connector (and didn't fling it across the yard) and just put the hose on the spigot, figuring I'll go get another Y or order one with my next grocery order from Meijer.  See, that's why I order from Meijer, they have all the departments so I can get food and everything else and don't have to go to the store.




In bird news, this male cardinal landed on the platform feeder this morning and posed nicely in a shaft of sunlight...




...and this male goldfinch turned his back to me at the feeder so I could see how fancy the pinstriping on his wings is.






I wanted a cookie after supper in the worst way and a 2-point baggie of animal crackers didn't do the job so I went down to the freezer, got out 12 cookie balls, and baked them.  One homemade chocolate chip cookie is 5 WW points which I have left so I'm having a cookie.



This evening I cast on another Stuck-at-Home Warshrag.  I changed the name from Car Knitting because I'm not knitting in the car or waiting rooms so the cloths needed a new name.  I'm a big fan of this orange, red, and purple yarn.



26 April--4th of July.  

Summer night
hot and still
heat lightning in the west
fireflies like nature's
4th of July
chased by children
up too late
trying to capture
a night light
in a Mason jar
~~~~~

 I spent an hour or so this afternoon finishing the end of that old manuscript I've been working on.  Now I need to print out all 120 pages so I can retype the whole thing to see if I can't double the word count.  That should take me a good long time. *sigh*
--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Will your manuscript be shared to all us voyeurs out here hanging on your every word? Poetry month is nearly over. You were very busy yesterday proclaiming winter's end. Praise the Lord for that! You definitely earned a cookie.

Today's poem:

Wandering through year 2007. But even back then, it wasn't heaven.