Thursday, August 25, 2022

Just The One

Today I only managed to get one recipe made. I made Chicken Breasts Pierre in the morning. That's one recipe that really smells great. The stewed tomatoes are enhanced with brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, celery seed, garlic, and chili powder that the chicken breasts then simmer in. Oh, it has a couple drops of hot sauce in there too. It all smells and tastes divine.

 


The daily art page said to draw pencils. I drew some "real" pencils but then I made a pencil rocket and pencil stilts that amused the daylights out of OJ. His chuckles made me feel good.


The next figure in The 15-Minute Artist was a skull. Ugh. Not my favorite subject but I did my best to make it look real.



Black-eyed Susans are the dominant flowers in the backyard these days. The lilies are still pushing out a flower every now and then but these rudbeckia are staying the course.


After supper I sat down to watch the first Downton Abbey movie that I DVR'd a while back and finished the toe of the True North sock. I swear that's the fastest sock I've ever knitted. Before coming back here I went downstairs and dug out another skein of sock yarn so that I can cast on another different sock tomorrow. God forbid I make one to match. Maybe I can knit another sock in a week or maybe I'll drag this one out for a while.


I left the windows open today. It wasn't very hot but it sure was humid. Oh, I opened the fridge to dig out supper and there was a fly in there! It took quite a bit of coaxing to get the darned thing to fly out but there was no way I was going to leave it in the fridge. Ick.

I didn't find anything to toss but OJ found an old glass eye cup that was in the tosses that he "had to have, please, Meemaw." so I let him have it. He discovered that it was just the right size to keep together a few pennies he found laying around. He thought at first that it was a tiny wineglass but I explained how to use it to get things out of your eye and he and LC campaigned to keep it because they get sand in their eyes "all the time." Everything old is new again, I guess.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

A fly in the refrig?? Guess he was trying to get away from the humidity! Glad you got him out of there. Like that red sock. Looks like a Christmas stocking.