Sunday, August 28, 2022

Darned Rain

I had every intention of mowing the lawn today and it started out looking like I might be able to but as soon as I got dressed in my mowing clothes and on my way to go get gas it started to rain. Not hard and not a lot but enough to make everything wet. Then the sun came out so I went to the grocery (I had coupons expiring) and when I came back the grass was still wet so I waited some more. Then it started raining again and we even had thunder. Maybe tomorrow. Or Tuesday. Sheesh. If only I'd mowed on Friday...

 

There are no new flowers blooming in the yard so I've got a pretty good close up of Black-eyed Susans today. I noticed that when the flowers fade others pop open to take their place.

 

The daily art page (or half-page) said to draw what's under the sea. First, that song from The Little Mermaid is now stuck in my head, and I got to draw something that's near and dear to my heart, reef fish!



The next (and second to the last) figure in The 15-Minute Artist book was a unicorn horn. ??? Um, it looks like a stick of twisted candy colored like a rainbow. And I always thought that unicorn horns were iridescent white.


From Drawing Cute I have a bear, that I colored like a panda, and a beaver. Once again I pulled out all of the brown colored pencils to try to have a variety of shades for coloring the beaver and its log and still wanted more. Maybe one day I'll put all of my colored pencil sets into one common container.



I tried my hand at a lakescape watercolor. I'm happier with how it turned out. It isn't great but it isn't terrible either. Practice practice practice.


More workout shirts went into the toss box today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Ohhhhh -- the weather!! So frustrating but nothing we can do about it but complain. And you have a right to complain. All your best-laid plans for mowing thwarted. I did see on the weather map lots of rain in your part of the world and it looked like it could have been worse around GB.