Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Just Another Kitchen Day

I spent another day in the kitchen cooking a couple Investment Cooking recipes. Only two today, which leaves two to go. This morning I whipped up BBQ Turkey Meatloaves. The recipe makes six but I didn't want to have leftover ground turkey so I made nine. I'm excited to have nine of the delicious little pucks of meatloaf.



One of the Stella d'Oro lilies has come back to life sending out a bloom every couple days. I do love the color.


This Downy Woodpecker hung under the suet pellet feeder for a fairly long time pecking away at the little pellets. I was afraid that no birds would eat them because they look like they're a bit weather-worn but this little birdie seemed to like them just fine.



After lunch I put together Easy Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies. Each time I make it I'm in love with the colors and the savory aroma as it bakes. It tastes good too.


I wasn't very inspired by the lesson in the 30 Seconds book yesterday but I pulled it out again today and took another stab at embellishing basic boxes and managed a couple fun pictures.



Today's watercolor didn't turn out exactly the way I imagined it would but it's better than my effort the other day that got ruined by spilled water. I'll try this one again, maybe without the trees on the left side that I can't seem to get right and the leaves over the top. I think this one would benefit from a "less is more" philosophy.


I got to the toe decreases in the True North sock tonight, which means I'll finish it and need something else to knit at Friday Night Knitting. Maybe another sock but in a different yarn. Good thing I wound up another one, huh?


Today's toss was the last package of paper napkins so I carried up the carton, reloaded all of the packages into it, and carried it out to the back of the car for eventual donation.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That hanging bird will probably have indigestion from eating upside down like that. Amazing how wildlife finds ways to dine.