Thursday, August 11, 2022

So Boring

 Having nothing to do all day but watch TV is so boring. I had my second eye surgery this morning and it went well. Better than the first one, in fact, because I spoke up for myself and got the second dose of sedation that got overlooked the first time. I brought it up to everyone except the receptionist and it paid off in a much more enjoyable experience. My eye is foggy and blurry, the same as the right eye was after surgery, and I know it'll clear up gradually over the next couple days. Whew.

While I waited for my ride this morning I opened the daily art book and did the drawing for today. It said to do a tonal sketch of an everyday object. I chose the wooden vase that Grandpa Stephan turned on his lathe. It's one of my favorite objects and I see it every day. Turned out pretty well. I tried to draw the next figure in one of the drawing books later in the afternoon but with only one seeing eye I just couldn't manage it so I'll give it a pass today and try again tomorrow.



Then I tried to knit. I managed one round of brioche before my eye started to ache so I set it aside and resigned myself to sitting in front of the boob tube all day. *sigh*


The lilies are still going crazy up there on the retaining wall. And I haven't seen the cat.


Being afraid of stairs I was reluctant to go down into the basement to wind yarn (which I want to do, I want to start a sock) or find something to toss so I didn't do that either. I couldn't even rustle up a decent nap so it was a long day. I'm even back here to blog an hour early because I just can't face another hour of TV.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Happy to read your upbeat report of yesterday's eye procedure. Speaking up certainly did pay off so good for you. The day can be sooooo long when you can't do anything but watch TV. Especially if there's nothing really compelling on. It's amazing that we can get a zillion channels but still nothing to watch! Today will be much better I'm sure.