Friday, August 12, 2022

Clearer

I was so happy when I woke up this morning that my left eye was appreciably clearer than it was when I went to bed last night. It was so good that I drove to the clinic for my eye pressure test and then to the grocery without glasses--except for sunglasses, that is. That meant that I could read and draw and knit, and not have to watch TV all day. I didn't even turn the box on.


The lilies are still blooming. I suspect that they'd bloom more if I went out and deadheaded the plants but I'm not tall enough to reach them up there on the retaining wall so I have to be content with what happens naturally.



The next picture in The 15-Minute Artist was this rainbow colored high heeled shoe. Once again, an odd thing to draw, at least I think so, but it wasn't very difficult and it was kind of fun blending the colored pencils to make the rainbow.


For today's watercolor I thought about LC sitting in the big chair in the living room reading her book so I harked back to the cubist painting of a few days ago and tried my hand at it. It's okay.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting, I got to within a half inch of being ready to knit the crown decreases of the Brioche Hat but it takes a lot of thinking which can be hard to do when you're talking and laughing, so I switched to the Teal Meadow washcloth and finished that just as the clock struck nine.



Today's toss was another package of paper napkins. I went downstairs to wind up some sock yarn into cakes (flat balls) and it was easy to just grab another package and not have to think. Some days thinking is overrated.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh yes too much thinking is definitely over-rated. Sometimes you do have to stop and re-think something but too much can become innervating. Gotta keep a balance in all things. Love the cute cubist picture of LC in the big chair. Yay for two clear eyes. A big item to be checked off your "To Do" list.