Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Okay

I think I'm ready for my next bout of cataract surgery tomorrow morning. I've got my second bottle of eye drops in my purse to take along and an N95 mask to wear. My knitting friend CS is my chauffeur for the day since DS wisely pulled out. There's COVID in his vicinity and we don't want to share germs.

 

The Stargazer lilies are still blooming and smelling great. I wish more of the plants had survived so that there was a drift of lilies on the lot line. I planted a whole bunch of lilies but only a couple of them made it. These are the only ones that smell so good. The rest are just pretty.



When I was mowing yesterday I noticed that there's a single lonely Spiderwort flower on the plants on the side of the house. I was hoping to see a bee on it but no luck. All of the bees were clustered around the hummingbird feeder.


I filled the feeders today and saw a Bluejay on the peanut wreath. I was lucky to get a shot because they land on the feeder, pry out a peanut, and immediately fly away.



The next lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes was a seashell. I drew it but I'm not much of a fan. It just doesn't look right to me, the top shell is too big and, well, it's just wrong. But here it is.


In today's watercolor I tried my hand at painting a ladyslipper orchid again. This time I used a different picture with less foliage around it so I think it turned out a bit better than the last attempt.



I need to knit another inch of the Brioche Hat and then I can tackle the crown decreases. I hope it's easy to follow the directions. I admit that there are myriad mistakes in this hat inside and out, but I don't know how to fix them so I'm leaving them. It's my first brioche project since I relearned the technique. I might start another one right away so I don't lose the skill.

 

When I went to close the drapes on the patio door this cat was sitting on top of the retaining wall staring at me. I think it's been hanging around lately, the chipmunk seems extra skittish.


I didn't toss anything again today because I was too busy being nervous about tomorrow so I spent time knitting and listening to my audiobook.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

This time tomorrow, both eyes will be bright and shiny and you'll be able to see everything and not miss a thing. When I had mine done, I discovered a dress I thought was moss green was really blue. Amazing what clear vision will do.