Wednesday, August 31, 2022

See The Bee?

I went outside in the backyard to take pictures of the sedum flowers that are more pink today and surprised a bee on one that isn't changing colors yet. As soon as I got the camera up to my eye the darned bee crawled around the back of a cluster but I was patient and it came up into view. Gotcha!



This rabbit was sitting on the patio step just looking into the house and I couldn't figure out what it was doing there. Then it dipped its head down and I realized that it was nibbling on the doormat. Who would want to eat a skanky old fiber mat? Yuk.


Instead of turning to another drawing book I pulled out my sketchbook to draw more cans like yesterday's lesson. I like the flying pig...



... and the monster in the can.


When I was looking at the sedums I spied this Stella d'Oro lily flower tucked way down in the leaves. Usually this variety of lily blooms almost continuously but this year it isn't. I wonder why.


Today's toss was a couple of activity books that the grandkids have outgrown.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope this shows the time I'm posting this. Wanted to be the first one to wish you a very happy day. I'm up before dawn for a very early doctor appointment. Certainly not my usual routine! Love the bee picture and maybe the rabbit found some tasty seeds or something hidden in the door mat.