Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Just Not In The Mood

Today was not a motivated day. There was nothing wrong with the day. In fact, the weather was much better today, sunny and not humid, but I just couldn't muster up enthusiasm for it. So I mostly sat at the table and read an eBook.


There was a flock of birds under the feeder this morning, Mourning Doves and Sparrows and House Finches, all getting along until one bombastic chipmunk leaped over some grass and scared them all away.



Two of the Sparrows headed to the birdbath for a drink. I had high hopes that they'd call all their friends over to have a group bath but that didn't happen, dang it.


Drawing was kind of blah too. The next lesson in You Can Draw In 30 Seconds! was a can. I like drawing cans and I liked stacking them up like thin slices of... of... something flat. I don't know, I just like stacking them.


Late in the afternoon I got into my mowing clothes and got the lawn mowed for the week. It was cool and breezy enough that I didn't turn into a total sweat hog, I was just a little sweaty and a shower took care of that. I was doubly glad to have a shower because I was extra hairy from yesterday's haircut and felt like I was wearing a hair shirt. Itchy.

I sorted through my stack of COVID home tests and ended up tossing most of them. I didn't realize that they'd expire so quickly. I'd have tested more often just so they didn't go to waste.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

At least you got the lawn mowed so it wasn't a wasted day. Glad it cooled off a bit for you.