Thursday, August 4, 2022

Not Much

I had cataract surgery this morning. It went okay. It was not the pain-free breeze I was promised but I got through it and got a comment from the anesthetist for a better experience next Thursday. Right now my right eye is cloudy and blurry but it doesn't really hurt, it just aches a little. I have drops to put in, of course there are drops, for the next month and according to the literature my eye should clear up in 48 to 72 hours. I can't wait.


Because of the blurry state of my eye I wasn't able to draw or paint today. I was able to color the leaves on the daily art page. I just pulled out the green and brown colored pencils and attempted to stay in the lines.



In the afternoon a pair of Goldfinches came to the feeder. I managed to snap a quick photo.


I spent most of the day staring in the direction of the television and dozing off. And snacking. I felt sorry for myself so I nibbled. I don't think I did too much diet damage but I need to quit using food as a crutch. Yeah, that'll happen. Tomorrow I need to go in for a quick recheck and then I can go to the store for some grapes. I need grapes, they're an excellent nibble food.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay - one eye done and you lived to tell the tale. Next one will be a piece of cake. And speaking of cake, you deserve to nibble all day if you want to. You're recuperating from surgery, after all!