Saturday, August 27, 2022

Two Birds

Two of my favorite birds showed up today and stayed long enough to have their pictures taken. First a Bluejay landed on the crook, flew to the birdbath, and then managed to hang onto the suet cake feeder upside down long enough to peck out a few bites. That's the first time I've ever seen one on the suet cakes.


Then a Hummingbird showed up on the nectar feeder. I took a picture but it was too blurry. But the Hummingbird came back and landed on top of the crook so I got a picture that isn't too blurry. She flew down to the feeder but hadn't been there long before a male came and chased her away. I waited, hoping that he'd come back or she'd fly around him but nobody showed back up.


Here's a day lily that's still blooming. You can see by the angle how tall they are. I can't manage to get a head-on shot so I have to be content with an underside one.



Right next to the day lilies are the sedum and I noticed that the buds are starting to open. They're a nice pale green but then they start to open and are a bright pink. Pretty.


I decided to knit my Villasol sock onto a long circular needle this evening. For some reason the Double Point Needles that I'd started with felt awkward and annoying even though I knitted the last sock on DPNs. Maybe it's the change in yarn weight. The red and white sock was Sport weight which is slightly thicker than the pale green Fingering weight. I don't know why but it felt easier to knit once I had it on the circular needles. 


Today's toss was a couple workout shirts. I tried a few on and they're all way too big (aw!) so off they go to Goodwill. I don't know why I've kept them for so long.

I had every intention of mowing the lawn today but it started to drizzle just after lunch and kept up for most of the afternoon. It was no use going out after it stopped because you can't mow wet grass. Guess I'll have to hope for sunshine tomorrow or Monday, or no rain at least.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That sedum is so pretty with the pale green and lavender. And I love the color of your latest sock. The day lily would make a good water color.