Tuesday, August 23, 2022

I'm Cooking

 I cooked like crazy today. This morning even before getting dressed I made a batch of Hoisin-Glazed Chicken. I had rice left from yesterday so I didn't have to make any right away.



Once I had that packaged up and in the freezer I got dressed and went down to Zambaldi Beer where DS was brewing another batch of Octoberfest beer which is very popular. This is a look at the baby beer moving from the mash tun to the cooker. I got to taste it and I have to say that hot, malty water isn't exactly my favorite.


Then I went over to Kroll's restaurant by the Packer stadium where I met TW, a friend from high school, who was in town from Lafayette, IN visiting cousins and friends in WI. I threw WW under the bus and had a cheeseburger and fried cheese curds. I'll get back on the diet, no, food plan tomorrow. Cross my heart. I did skip supper because of having such a big, greasy, cheesy lunch. Oh, it was so good.



After I got home I decided to forge ahead with my Investment Cooking and made Chickpea Curry and Rice. That's another quick and easy recipe that takes about a half hour to make.  Once it was all simmered and portioned out and in the freezer I washed all the dishes and sat back down to rest a bit.


I don't know what got into me but I decided to make another recipe right away so I whipped up a batch of Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. I had to make another batch of rice for that one but I have a lot of rice leftover for the next recipe or two. With today's three recipes that's four down and four to go.



The next lesson in You Can Draw in 30 Seconds! was a box so I'm not really going to show that one off. I did the Daily Art page which said to draw a feather. I had a macaw feather that I got in Bonaire a long time ago so I drew that. It turned out better than I thought it would.


All I did today was cook so there aren't any wildlife or flower pictures to share. I didn't find anything to toss, didn't paint, and you can't tell that I made sock knitting progress although I'm within a couple rounds of the toe decreases. Maybe I'll get to all that stuff tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just keep up my cooking and dish washing jag.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh my goodness -- you were one busy girl yesterday. All that cooking!! But you were well fortified by that tasty sounding lunch. Doesn't hurt to break the rules when old friends are in town.