Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Still No Beetles

 I went out and checked Dad's roses today and there still aren't any Japanese beetles on them. I've got my fingers crossed that it stays that way.



Not a lot to talk about today. I spent most of the day reading but I did whip up the Farro Salad I need to take with me for my knit-away weekend with friends. I want to give the flavors time to meld so it'll be savory and delicious when we have it for supper on Friday evening.


Since I finished the lessons in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes the other day, today I pulled out You Can Draw In 30 Seconds! to give those lessons a whirl. These go back to the basics so today's lesson was drawing a ball in a bunch of different configurations. 

 


I like this because of the creative levels at the end of each lesson. I especially like the house floating away with balloons. Not so much the creepy eyes peering out of windblown hair.


I knitted some more on the True North sock after supper while I watched a bunch of new and new-to-me renovation TV shows. I'd never tackle any of those huge projects but I like watching other people work. And I'm a slow knitter.


I am excited to realize that starting tomorrow I only have to put drops in my right eye once a day for the next two weeks. I had to put them in three times a day for the last two weeks and I have another week of three times a day in my left eye. I have a Post-it stuck to the clock in the bathroom so I remember what I'm supposed to do when. I'll be glad when the drops are done because they sting.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love the renovation shows on HGTV too. But my favorite is "Escape to the Chateau". If you can find it on one of your channels or On Demand, I know you'll love it too. The couple renovating this castle in France are something else!