Thursday, August 18, 2022

Making Porter

I stopped down at Zambaldi Beer this morning and DS was making Good Dog Porter. It smelled so good in there, like a bakery. He was just transferring the liquid from the mash tun to the cooker and kept having to go up the stairs to measure the quantity of nascent beer in the tank. While he was doing that he was also transferring the next hazy IPA from the fermenter to the brite tank for carbonation. All of that needs a lot of careful record keeping, he has a clipboard for each batch of beer to he uses to keep track of the steps.



The orange day lilies are still a-bloom. They're tall enough that I have trouble aiming the camera at a flower and not getting just the underside. This one was on a short enough stem that I had a chance of getting a decent shot of it.


A female Hummingbird visited the nectar feeder during supper tonight. The cool thing was that I had company that got to see the bird too. They were enthralled.



The next figure in The 15-Minute Artist was this ship's wheel. When I saw it I wasn't thrilled but I used a cup for the big circle, a quarter for the center circle, and a ruler to map out the spokes. That made the basic map of the wheel so that all I had to do was fill in the details and shade it. I feel like it turned out pretty well.


Then I treated myself to the next page of Drawing Cute. I like the way the fox turned out but wish that I'd colored the owl something other than purple. That's the color that was in the book but I'm not crazy about the way it turned out.


Tomorrow I'm leaving for a weekend knitting get-away with friends so I won't be around to blog for two nights. We'll be up Nort' at a cabin without internet (gasp!) so no blogging, no computer, no nothing until I get home on Sunday. Don't worry, you'll be okay without me for a couple days.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'll miss you but have a good time off the grid. Sounds like fun.