Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Still Sunny But Not As Hot

Today was a much more comfortable day. The temperature only got up to 86 degrees with 32% humidity. Totally bearable. I basically goofed off today, spending a lot of time listening to an audiobook. I just didn't have the oomph to do anything much--but some days are like that.


I liked the drawing today. It's a sunflower and it was surprisingly easy to draw. This is the second time I'm drawing my way through this eBook and I find that the lessons aren't as much of a challenge as they were the first time through. Big surprise.



More of the Stella d'Oro lilies opened overnight or this morning. A lot of the plants have stems with buds on them poking up out of the leaves. Pretty soon I'll have a whole row of golden yellow flowers to take a picture of.


I saw a Downy Woodpecker perched on the side of the birdbath but it left before I could take a picture. They're so small and neat looking in their black and white striped outfit.


I haven't kept up with doing a gratitude journal page every day. It got to the point where I was having to be grateful for the same things day after day so I only do a page every week or so. I did one today.



Today's watercolor is of a clematis that I saw at the Botanical Garden when Lala and I went there a couple weeks ago. Has it been that long ago already? Well, it was the 11th so I guess it's 11 days ago, that's almost a couple weeks. Time sure flies...


Today's toss was a couple sports bras, one lime green and one aqua, that I just don't wear because I don't like the colors of them when they peek out of my shirt necklines. Silly reason to get rid of things but there you go, I'm shallow.

I didn't knit today but I did sew. DS handed me a pair of LC's leggings yesterday with the waistband pinned. Seems she tried to wear them and they fell right down. Thank god for safety pins but I fixed the waist today so she can wear them and they'll stay up and not have to be pinned. She's so tall and slender they have a terrible time finding clothes to fit.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are definitely going to have a riot of yellow when all those buds on the Stella D'Oro stems bloom. Should be beautiful. You deserve a day of doing nothing -- especially after all that cooking you did a day or so ago. Time to sit back and just veg!!