Monday, June 13, 2022

A Less Extensive Garden

Today I moseyed around my backyard with the camera. The flowers are no less beautiful but are less exotic than the ones we saw on Saturday at the Botanical Garden.  I'm happy to say that my little bunch of Peonies have sent up buds and will be opening their dark pink selves in a week or so.



On impulse I picked up a couple Nicotiana plants at the garden center because they're red and tubular so I thought that Hummingbirds might enjoy them. I can't say that I've seen any birds near the flowers but I think they're pretty. I hope they keep blooming all summer.


The Honeysuckle is on its last legs, I think. I haven't cut it back for the last few years and this little sprig of green with the little spurt of flowers is all of the green there is. I'm sad that it seems to be giving up the ghost because Dad brought this as a cutting from Grandma Angermeier's honeysuckle in Evansville. Maybe 43 years is its lifespan?



The French Iris are still blooming like crazy. I know that I show you them almost every day but they're so pretty that I can't resist.


The same with the Stella d'Oro lilies. A second plant burst out a flower today so of course I have to share it with you.



I liked the next and last figure in the "L" lesson in the 3-D book. It's a lizard and it was fun to draw. I think it turned out rather well.


Instead of the 10-Step: Nature book, I drew the next figure in 10-Step: Everyday Things. I wasn't enthusiastic about my chances of making the flowers look like anything but I was pleasantly surprised when I finished coloring the drawing. It looks okay.



I am not a cat person. I'm not a pet person at all, but I enjoyed drawing the next couple cats in Knitting Cute. I'm hoping that soon she gets the cats out of her system and moves on to other animals.


While I watched TV tonight I finished the Hankie washcloth. I was supposed to change yarn again and make the shell border a third color but I was liking the white with the black so I just kept going. I don't know what I'll do with the cloth but I like it.


I've been watching the Jan. 6 Hearings coverage and it's engrossing, kind of like peeking behind the curtain to see the guy pulling the levers of the Wizard of Oz. I hope that it opens people's eyes to the truth behind that terrible day. But it probably won't.

Today's toss was a WW calculator that I used to use to figure out the points value of recipes but it's easier to use the "create" function on the website and more accurate. Out it goes!

It was sunny this morning and rainy this afternoon. The temperature got up to 63 degrees. I'm wearing long sleeves. It's supposed to get up to 90 tomorrow. Crazy. We'll see.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'm watching the January 6 hearings too and at the same time, on CNN there's a documentary about Watergate. So many similarities it's amazing. We thought Watergate was the scandal to end all -- little did we know! That dishcloth is too pretty to be a dishcloth! It does have the correct name.