Thursday, June 16, 2022

Surprise!

I opened the front drapes this morning and there were the yellow Asiatic lilies. They had popped open overnight and were shining their sunny selves all over.



When I was sitting at the kitchen table I heard a familiar bird song and looked out to see a Wren trying to maneuver a long twig into one of the birdhouses. Naturally I had to take the picture through the screen and through a reflection but you can see his little brown body at the opening of the house. He didn't manage to get the long twig in, he dropped it.


Today I turned to the "M" lesson in the 3-D book which means that I drew five different "M"s--a fluffy one, a peeling one, a chiseled stone one, and two block ones, one floating and one earth-bound. Not very interesting but a good transition.



Okay, this is the last cat in Drawing Cute. It's in a box so I didn't have to draw the whole thing. I think that the bird looks like Tweetie Bird, don't you?


I couldn't resist trying to paint the Asiatic lilies. I'm happy with the way they turned out. I think.


Today's toss was a metal pail with lobsters printed on it. I don't know why I bought it, I never figured out a good use for it so out it goes.

I had my house call this afternoon and it was a real anticlimax. It was like an abbreviated Medicare physical--BP, A1C, pulse, heart & lungs. She assured me that she'll forward the results to my regular doc which is fine but I won't be doing another house call. It was a waste of my time and hers. I see my doc once a year and trust his advice.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

What an optimistic little wren!! High hopes for his nest-building but that twig was NEVER going to make it. So glad you snapped that picture. And the lilies!!! Both photo and painting so beautiful.