Sunday, June 5, 2022

Just Blah

I woke up feeling blah and couldn't shake the feeling all day. I spent most of the day reading an e-book on my Kindle and staring out the patio doors. I did manage to get dressed, make the bed, and brush my teeth and hair, though.


Goldfinches were the most frequent visitors to the feeders today, after the ever-present Sparrows, that is. The vivid male didn't stay in one place long enough for me to take his picture or at least one that wasn't blurry so all I have is this picture of a female looking quizzically at me.



I did go outside to take a picture of the French Irises that are blooming and thought that this partly open one was interesting looking. I should have stayed out there and weeded the top of the retaining wall but I just wasn't in the mood. And then it started to drizzle.


It was hard to muster up any enthusiasm for drawing today especially when I saw the next figure in the 15-Minute Artist book--an upholstered chair. The example had floral upholstery but there was no way I was going to draw that, I made stripes, they're easier.



Painting didn't inspire me either. I got some artist's tape today so I had to paint a postcard to see if it wouldn't rip off the top layer of paper. I painted the postcard and not only did it rip off the top layer of paper but it also let paint seep under the edge. Back to regular masking tape, I guess. Maybe my postcards are substandard.


Didn't toss anything today either. I have a serious case of the blahs.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hope your case of the blahs is a passing one. But we all have days like that -- I know I do but you just have to hang in there. Try painters tape for your drawings. That should work. Don't want you to stop painting!!!