Monday, June 20, 2022

Done

I finished the last two Investment Cooking recipes today. First thing this morning, before yoga or anything, I assembled the Chicken, Mushroom, Brown Rice Casserole in the slow cooker and got it going because it has to cook for seven hours.



Then I took a break to check out the flowers outside before it got too hot out there. Only a few poppies are left blooming, this one caught my eye,


and the spiderwort in the back garden has started to bloom.



Next to the blueberry bush this white perennial flower is blooming. I know that it isn't a weed because I remember planting it but I for the life of me can't remember what it's called.


I came back into the cool and got started making Salisbury Steak. Here are the first three (of six) patties browning and just about ready to slip into the other skillet where the sauce and mushrooms were simmering.



This is the last sink of clean dishes for the day. Not many of the bowls, etc. I use for these recipes go into the dishwasher so I end up washing sink after sink of Tupperware, measuring spoons, measuring cups, and pots and pans. Good thing I have nice hand cream. Thenks, CS!


With the long slow cooker time I was able to spend the waiting time drawing. The next picture in The 15-Minute Artist was a pair of sunglasses. Again I struggled with perspective but I think I'm getting the hang of it.



After yesterday's hard day cooking and sparse drawing I let myself draw the next figure in 10-Step: Nature. She calls it Bull Reed but on this side of the pond we call it Cattails. I'm glad I'm only about halfway through this book.


For the watercolor today I tried my hand at a Bluebird. I think it worked. How come one day I'm so disappointed in what I paint and two days later I'm reasonably happy? I'd like more consistency, please. But since I'm really just starting out I guess I should be more patient with myself.


Today's toss was a couple cotton washcloths that I didn't make and don't really like. Someone will like them, I'm sure.

It's supposed to get up to 99 degrees tomorrow. I can't believe it. I have to go down to the library for my second book sorting training and, because the Post Office was closed today, I have to stop and mail a package to IT for his half-birthday. Since his birthday birthday is Christmas Day, DD and SIL1 celebrate on his half-birthday so he gets presents twice a year like other kids. It's only fair.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can relate to two of your pictures today -- Salisbury Steak for our dinner last night and I bought myself new sunglasses yesterday. Are we simpatico or what???