Wednesday, June 15, 2022

More Poppies!

I opened the drapes over the patio door this morning and was greeted by a phalanx of open poppies. More joined in throughout the day and they all managed to survive the strong winds and heavy rain of this evening's storm. At least I hope they did. It looks like it from inside. I'm not going out in the lightning to check.



My friend, KW, and I went to the Friends of the Library reception this morning and then perused the book sale offerings. We each got a canvas tote bag because I joined the Friends today. We also got a coupon for 5 free books. Score! Naturally, I picked out 20 books for LC and OJ but at $1 per book it was a real bargain.


The next lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes! was a boot. Just a good old rubber boot which was surprisingly challenging to get right. I must have erased the foot part a half-dozen times to get the angle right so it looked like it would fit a human foot.



Then I pulled out my old pal 10-Step: Nature to find columbine. Ahh.

 

Today's watercolor is my attempt to paint that closeup of a poppy bud that I took the other day. I don't think it turned out too badly.


The washer fixit guy came smack dab at 12 o'clock and it only took him about half an hour to install the new timer in the rental side's washer. He said he ran a cycle and it worked fine. Now I have to urge the tenants to let me know if it isn't fixed, sooner rather than later. They tend to wait to tell me until whatever is wrong has been wrong for a long time. I think they don't want me to think that they're over there breaking things. I can't convince them that I don't think that. Stuff breaks, I need to fix it. It's my responsibility. Grownups.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You struck the Motherlode in the kids' book department. They're going to love having all those and you loved the bargain price. Better than what I've paid at Goodwill! Your columbine is perfect.