Thursday, June 2, 2022

No Purple Tomorrow

It was only after I painted today's postcard that I realized that I've used purple, well, some Latin named violet for the last three days. This is supposed to be the lilac fields on Washington Island, a redo of one of last week's class painting. Tomorrow I'll paint something without using purple paint. I'll used red or yellow or green, maybe orange, but not purple.

 


I was surprised to see a Red-winged Blackbird pecking around under the feeder and then it flew up to get a drink at the birdbath. Red-winged Blackbirds aren't usually feeder birds so I figure that this one was either lost or confused. It didn't stay long but I'm glad that I saw it.

 

The next figure in The 15-Minute Artist was a house key. I thought it was a silly thing to draw but it turned out to be enjoyable and a success. Who knew that a key could be so interesting?

 


Then I got out the 10-Step: Nature book and turned to see the next drawing was a bumblebee. It took some concentration to get the legs and wings untangled but I managed.

 

I got to the middle of the Seagull dishcloth so tomorrow night I'll be knitting the decreases and might just finish it. I can't figure out why the yarn color is called Seagull but for some reason it really pleases me.

 

I forgot to find something to toss today. I had an eye doctor appointment where I thought I'd find out about my cataracts but he just said that my eyelids were less inflamed from using the two eyedrops and I should keep it up. I'm tired of my eyes being blurry so I asked to talk about fixing my cataracts but have to see a different doc for that. Next month. Unsatisfying.

I took a walk this morning and saw my neighbors for the first time in a long time so got to catch up on their news. Slowed me down some but that's all right.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt B said...

Sorry about your blurry eyes. You'll know when to have the cataract surgery. That's what my doctor told me years ago. It's when you just can't see as well as you want so maybe you're there. Love your bee today. Well done.

Kathy Swanson said...

Oh Barbara, your bee is wonderful! I am amazed at your progress and the key looks quite real, not like a drawing at first glance. It is great that you've picked up a few new hobbies and are enjoying them so much.