Friday, June 17, 2022

Windblown and Rain Beaten

The peonies did not stand up well to Wednesday night's storm. The buds were already bent over and the wind and rain just beat them into submission.  And a conch shell fell on them. They still opened but they were difficult to find and even more difficult to photograph but I managed--after a fashion. These are some of the original plants that Dad transplanted from the Liberty St. house to the duplex after we swapped houses in 1981. Still managing to bloom.



Today's drawing was an interesting one. The 15-Minute Artist had me hold two pencils together to make the parallel lines. It worked! Very clever.


In 365 Days of Drawing it said to draw patterns or pictures or color between the lines so I did all three.



I wasn't in much of a mood to paint today and I let the afternoon get away so I dug out a simple photo of the ocean looking through some trees. I was semi-happy with it but I was impatient and ripped off the tape before the paint was completely dry and ripped off part of the left edge of the painting. Grr. Anyway, it's number 50.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I added a few rows to the Simple Alpaca Shawl, enough so that I had to tie on skein number 3. That would be a more impressive number if the skeins weren't only 86 yards long. Not a lot of yarn per skein.



So I got tired of the shawl (as I always do) and cast on another simple washcloth using that Seagull yarn. I don't know what about that yarn appeals to me so much but I like it very much even though it's Hobby Lobby yarn and they're not my favorite (because of their attitude toward women's healthcare).


I got a haircut this morning and had every intention of coming home and mowing the lawn but then I thought about having a couple Zooms today and nothing on the calendar for tomorrow so I convinced myself that I'd mow tomorrow. It'll be cooler tomorrow and that will be better. Instead I went out and filled the birdfeeders.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The poor peonies. All beaten down but still beautiful. I agree with you about Hobby Lobby's stand on women's health.