Monday, June 27, 2022

Hooray!

I was driving down Ridge Road this morning on my way to the branch Post Office to mail a package when I spied a truck with a big sign. The Sunny Hill Farm truck was back in the Ace Hardware parking lot. Hooray!



Now, it's too early for Sunny Hill Farm sweet corn but it's just the right time for Sunny Hill Farm strawberries. I bought 2 quarts that I sliced into a bowl. I might have already eaten two small bowls of berries. Oh my, they're delicious.

 

I noticed pink spots on my feet while drying them after my shower and couldn't figure out where they came from. Then it dawned on me, I'd gone to the park yesterday and got sunburned in my sandals. I wasn't out long enough to have bright red spots and I wore a wide-brimmed hat but I got my first sunburn of the season.

 


I was quick enough to snap a photo of this male Cardinal at the platform feeder. I think that he and the Mrs. are very busy with a nest because neither of them linger very long at the feeder anymore. I keep wishing that they'd bring the babies to the feeder like the Sparrows and Starlings do but not so far.


The daily art page today said to fill it with apples. I used mostly pencil and colored pencils to draw apples in a lot of shapes and colors but did manage to tuck a watercolor apple into the lower corner.



The next figure in The 15-Minute Artist today was a beach ball. Boring. So I won't show that to you, instead here's the next page in 10-Step Drawing: Everyday Things. It's a very snazzy toaster and kettle. I can tell that these books are from England because we don't have small appliances that look like these here in the good old US of A.


Today's watercolor is the reddish day lily that is in front of the brick facade on the front of the house. I like the way the leaves and bricks turned out on this one.


I am happy to say that my hose timer works great, turning on the sprinkler to keep the new grass seed moist. I'm not as good at watering the new bushes on the corners of the house twice a day. Once a day I think I'll manage but not hauling the hose across the front of the whole house morning and night. Once a day will be okay, I think. I hope.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Lots of red today -- strawberries, apples and sunburn. Those strawberries look almost too perfect to eat. Almost that is, not impossible! Glad you spotted the Sunny Hill Farm truck. Love the lilies against the brick wall.