Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Am I Blue?

Nah, just hot. It's 82 degrees with about the same percentage of humidity even though it's after 9 o'clock at night. Not supposed to get much cooler overnight and be even worse hot and humid tomorrow. Yuk.

 

A Bluejay visited today. It called out its raucous cry when it landed on the crook and then it swooped down to the fallen seed. I was lucky to be holding my phone so I could snap a couple shots before it flew away.

 

A Red-bellied Woodpecker visited yesterday and today but didn't stay long enough to have its picture taken, dang it.

 


I paged back a couple figures in The 15-Minute Artist today to redraw the paper fan. I wasn't at all happy with my initial effort so I redid it. It's better, still not great, but better.

 

Then I pulled out Dr. Seuss' Book of Animals and drew the monkey and the mouse. They were fun to draw.

 


Out in the yard a couple poppy buds started to break out today. I decided to get real close to one and see what kind of shot I got. Hm, I may have to paint this one day.

 

Speaking of painting, I dug out an old photo of the road to Rincon on the island of Bonaire. I wasn't sure I'd like this with the road in it but I think I like the way it turned out. Brings back fond memories.

 


Another little pop of white showed up in the garden too. It's yarrow and it has lovely ferny leaves.

 

Instead of finding something to toss today I loaded up the Investment Cooking shopping list into my phone and went to Meijer. I had a couple bigger ticket items on there too, like some slacks that were on sale and probiotics which were on sale and for which I had a coupon, so my bill ended up being over two hundred fifty dollars. I think that's the most I've ever spent at the grocery in my life. Holy crap. Good thing it's enough food for about 50 suppers. That salves my conscience. 

Tomorrow morning I'm going with my knitting friend, KW, to the Friends of the Library reception on the first day of the book sale whereupon I will join the Friends, get a complimentary canvas tote bag, and look for books to buy for LC and OJ and maybe for myself. I have to be home by about noon because the washer service guy is coming to install a new timer in the rental side's washer and I have to be here to pay. Ah, the life of a landlady.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Everything costs too much nowadays. Even when I have a very short list, my groceries usually cost about a hundred dollars! Scary times. Hope you have fun at the library. It's one of my favorite places.