Friday, June 10, 2022

Company!

I have a guest for the weekend. My friend, Lala, arrived this afternoon and will stay until Sunday. We spent the time talking and laughing, then we engaged in a little arting. I made Farro Salad for supper and it was a big hit.



My watercolor postcard today is the first of my poppies. It was harder to make look like I wanted it to than I thought it would be and the leaves posed quite a challenge but I managed to haul out all three greens in my palette and make leaves happen.


The next figure in the 3-D book was Long Links. Once again I was enchanted by the magic of erasing a few lines here and there to make the chain look 3-D. Shading helped too.



The French Iris are still going great guns. I could take their picture every day. And I just might.


That one Stella d'Oro lily is still the only one blooming. It is the vanguard for a whole string of them that I hope are readying themselves for a full display.


Today's toss was a few books that have been in my car. I realized yesterday that LC and OJ have grown beyond Little Golden Books so I should put them in the donate bag and restock the car with more age-appropriate books. I did that today.

We're hoping to go to the Botanical Garden tomorrow if it doesn't rain and we'll take a jaunt over to Zambaldi so that Lala can admire DS and DIL1's achievement.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love all the flowers today -- the live ones and especially that poppy! Enjoy your guest. She's going to be so impressed with Zambaldi. That has to be a destination for any out-of-town guests.