Thursday, June 30, 2022

Two At Once

With perfect timing I looked up just in time to see two Downy Woodpeckers land on the feeders today and they stayed long enough for me to take a picture. At least I think they're Downys. It looks to me as if they have a rust-red cap on top of their heads so until I do further research, that's what I'm calling them. (I looked them up; they're juvenile Downy Woodpeckers. Good to know. Thanks, Sibley Birds East.)



Drawing-wise, the next figure in The 15-Minute Artist was a figure skate. Once again it was a fun thing to draw. I enjoyed it.


Then I decided that I needed to draw something cute so I tackled the next page in Drawing Cute where I found a whale and seal. Cute!



When I got out my paints I meant to figure out how to paint a person but ended up painting red and yellow tulips again. One of these days I'll paint something I haven't painted before. Someday. I'm having a crisis of confidence in my painting ability but I'm not giving up. Yet.


Today's toss was a pair of red slingback shoes that I wore to DS's wedding, that day and not ever again. Why am I keeping them? So they can get dusty? Out!

I knitted a few rounds on the brioche hat but four rounds doesn't make a huge difference. Plugging away.

I got to take the bag of 20 book sale books over to LC and OJ this evening. They were gratifyingly excited, especially OJ. He made a pile of "his" books and stuck out his lip when I told him that they were to share. He's reading a Dork Diary book that someone told him was a girl's book but DIL1 told him that all books are for all people and to not pay attention. "Besides," she said, "they probably can't read that well." Take that.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your grands growing up so fast. I'm impressed with OJ reading a book. Seems like he was a little bitty boy not that long ago. Glad they both like to read. And nice you could give them a whole bag of books!