Sunday, June 19, 2022

All I Did Was Cook

I started the Chicken Cacciatore in the slow cooker before I got dressed this morning and didn't really stop cooking until I sat down here just now.

While the Cacciatore was cooking I made Easy Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies which is colorful and delicious. I add a lot more onions and sweet peppers than the recipe calls for so I ended up having to switch the containers I portioned it into. More dish washing--and I did a lot of dish washing today. The dishwasher is running even as we speak too.


My intention was to leave off cooking for the day there but I had to go to the store because I hadn't bought enough sliced mushrooms for my Investment Cooking so I figured that I might as well buy the meat to make WW Turkey Breakfast Sausage while I was there since I've been craving sausage. Once I was home it seemed silly not to make it right away so I did. I forgot to take a picture of it but it turned out to be 10 little patties just a bit bigger than a silver dollar. I might have had to eat one just to make sure they'd turned out okay.


Then I thought that I might as well whip up the BBQ Turkey Meatloaves since I had the bowl I needed all clean and everything on hand. Meatloaves are easy to make and I made a batch and a half so instead of six individual meatloaves I have nine. Score!



By then it was 4:30 and I checked the timing on Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala and found that it only needed 4 hours on High. That meant that if I hurried up and got it together it'd be done by the time I was ready to come back here to blog. So I scurried around and got it going. Whew! That's five recipes in one day. Makes me tired just typing that and my back aches something fierce. I'll be having Tyleonl as a bedtime snack.


I took a little time to do a drawing out of the 3-D book. It's supposed to be macaroni but I think it looks like talking cigarette butts (probably because I've been dreaming of smoking). I like it, it was easy and fun to draw.


One time when I looked out the patio door I saw a Hummingbird at the feeder but, of course, it was gone by the time I laid my hand on the camera. It was a little female, just as tiny and light green as you can imagine.

I didn't find anything to toss today unless you count the zillion times I took a raw meat tray or a handful of onion peels to the trash in the garage or the cans from tomato products that I tossed into the recycling bin. I think I'll count all of that as official tosses.


Yesterday I looked at the biggest blueberry bush and there are little tiny green blueberries on it. See?

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I can't imagine all that cooking in one fell swoop. But so satisfying to see it all portioned out and looking delicious -- especially that tray of oven-baked veggies. That'd never happen in this household! Good for you for even managing a cute picture of the macaroni/cigarette butts. You had a very productive day.