Monday, June 6, 2022

A Red Shoe Day

 I woke up to rain and decided that today was not going to be another blah day, not if I could help it. So when I got dressed I put on red shoes, a red cotton sweater (because I had to turn the furnace back on, it was only 53 today and chilly in here), and red glasses. Red attire always makes me feel more cheerful.



I got my drawing done in the morning, two chairs out of the You Can Draw In 30 Minutes ebook, and I think they turned out okay, not great, but okay.


The next figure in 10-Step: Everyday Things was a bed. It looked complicated to draw and color but I managed to fumble my way through the 10 steps and think it, too, turned out okay.



After lunch with my 8th grade grad friends I went to the garden center (it had stopped raining) to get flower plants and coleus for my pots. I was going to wait to plant them all tomorrow when the soil wasn't quite as wet but I couldn't wait and planted the flowers. I'll plant the coleus in the front pots tomorrow.


When I took the picture of the flat of plants I thought, hm, I can paint that, so I did. It turned out pretty well for a watercolor that I didn't practice in my workshop last month. Oh, and to my chagrin, blue painter's tape kept the paint from seeping under it and didn't rip off the top layer of the postcard. Guess I have to try to un-see the blue when I paint.



This Bluejay found a worm in the grass and worked very hard to subdue it and fly off with it. The worm didn't cooperate.


I haven't kept up with my intention to knit a couple rows a day on the Simple Alpaca Shawl but I managed to add two rows tonight while watching TV. I can't knit and watch Antiques Roadshow because I get too interested in what they're appraising but I can knit through reruns of Call the Midwife.


Once again I didn't toss anything today. I have my eye on a spring coat that I really don't wear and the Pack & Play and highchair that I should take down to Once Upon a Child to see if they'll buy them. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow or call them to save myself a trip if they won't.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I agree with your choice of attire to chase away the blues. Red really is the best color no matter what anyone says! Love your watercolor of the spring plants and glad the blue tape worked.