Monday, July 24, 2023

Two Varieties of Salvia

One is an annual and is red, my favorite color. It's thriving despite the drought we're having and my lackluster watering habits.



The other is a perennial and is purple, not my favorite color. It's one of the plants that the landscaper planted despite my request for red, orange, and yellow flowers. I'm trying to get over being peeved at that but I'm not being very successful.


The Black-eyed Susans are thriving despite the drought and the overhanging weeds. When this next blast of heat straight from the southwest corner of Hell has passed I should probably grab some cutters and go out and at least cut back the weeds that I can reach. I'm too darned short to reach back to the privacy fence so a lot of weeds are out of my reach.




This morning I sat down and drew the Daily Practice, Boot. I'm liking lettering the pages and again I took more time to try to make the drawings better. I think it's working.


I spent most of the day working on marketing my books. This week is another Amazon Ads Profit Challenge so I've got a video to watch every day and homework to do. Today I tried to write ad copy that will hopefully drive more people to click on my book's sales page and maybe buy a copy. Since I just wrote it and the ad was moderated only today so far there are no impressions. Hope that changes soon.



When I needed a break from writing ad copy I pulled out 20 Ways to Draw a Tree and filled a page with the figures of a feather, a winter tree, a daisy, an owl, and a beetle. I like the beetle the best but I'm not unhappy with any of them.

 

This evening I finished knitting the heel flap, turned the heel, and picked up the gusset stitches on the Kestrel Sock. I tried but couldn't wrap my mind around how to keep knitting the heel using the Magic Loop method so I switched to Double Point Needles which is the sock heel architecture that I understand. I'll switch back to Magic Loop for the foot and toe. It's only the heel gusset that confuses me.


Tomorrow after I'm going up to Sturgeon Bay to the bookstore where another tour bus will be stopping. I decided that I don't want to miss the opportunity just in case there are readers on the bus. And when I spoke with the bookstore owner this morning he didn't remember if there will be room for me to be there on Thursday for sidewalk day so I'm going tomorrow just in case I can't on Thursday. I get to wear some of my new "author" clothes too! Fingers crossed that I sell at least one book.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I like your description of the heat wave coming from "the Southwest corner of Hell." Perfect for our weather too. Crazy.