Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Look a Little Closer

No new flowers are blooming in my yard so I decided to dial up the close-up setting on my camera and see what I could see. First was this Stella d'Oro lily. It's such a pretty shade of yellow and is the perfect lily shape for one day. Tomorrow it'll be all shriveled and dying.



Look at the pollen on this dusty pink day lily. I wonder if a bee had just visited and made a bit of a mess.


The orange day lilies are going strong up on the retaining wall and down along the west lot line. Those are the ones that I can get close to. I really like the deep yellow throat of the flower.



These yellow flowers are weeds in the lawn. I don't know what they are but they sure are pretty.


While my small visitor played with Lego I did a little drawing out of the 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish book. I like the way the Orca turned out.



Once again the Daily Practice was one understandable thing to draw (Fish) and one weird thing to draw (Forks). I enjoyed drawing the fish. I could have filled the whole page with fish drawings. The forks were odd to draw. I had trouble making them symmetrical. I think I have one more big blank sketchbook page that I'll use for two day's worth of drawings then I'll scale back to a single day's worth for the last ten days or so of the lessons.


And I took the opportunity this afternoon to add on some ribbing rounds to the cuff of of the Kestrel sock.


I got a haircut this morning. She was running late so I waited half an hour once I got there but she did a pretty good job getting me cut, styled, and out of there so I could pick up OJ for the afternoon. We went to Titletown Park and he met a nice girl who played and played with him. They ran around and climbed and slid and had a blast. He really wanted to stay in touch with her but her mother wouldn't let her give him her address. He was pretty disappointed about that, poor little guy. I guess it was his first heartbreak. He'll recover.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Those close-up shots of the flowers in your backyard are wonderful. Each one just beautiful. Poor little OJ having to endure a rejection at his young age. But, as you said, he'll get over it. Still odd that the mother wouldn't cooperate so her daughter could have a new friend.