Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Hump Day

When Wednesday feels like Monday because yesterday was a holiday so it felt like Sunday. These mid-week holidays always screw up my inner calendar which is screwy enough what with being retired and having days run into each other without real purpose. I try to make a little structure to my week by going down to the library one day to sort books. Today I got there after lunch and the other Barbara was there. There weren't a lot of books to sort so I was only there for about forty minutes. I was home by the time my parking meter ran out.



I was fast enough to catch a Cardinal on the platform feeder. As soon as I snapped this he flew away.


In the morning I drew. First I did more out of the Draw 50 Amazing Jellyfish book. I think I like the tube sponges the best but I like King Neptune too.



Then out of Drawing Cute I did a pineapple and strawberry. I was in the mood to color something.


I spent two hours staring at the computer screen hoping that words would come. I finally managed to eke out about 250 words and I was happy to have them. Today was not a writing day but some days are like that.


I called my writing friend Lala this morning and we chatted about writing for about half an hour. It was good to have someone to complain to and to encourage. She's working on a short story collection. I can't wait to read it.

We got a little rain this afternoon! Not for very long but it was real rain, not just drizzle. I hope it rains again soon, it's been so very dry the lawn is brown and crispy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

My usual routine is off this week too. It's my turn to sit out the Thursday bridge game so I'm at loose ends. I'll probably go shopping. There's always that!!