Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Such a Small Thing

Over the last month or so the turn-on-and-off button on my TV/cable remote has been going. I've had to aim it carefully at the cable box and it took a dozen or more presses to get it to work. All the other buttons worked right, it was just the on/off button that was the problem. Last night I had enough so this morning I went to the Spectrum store, signed in, and waited my turn. All I had to do was brandish the defective remote and he gave me a brand new one. With batteries included! There were clear instructions on how to get the remote to work with the TV and cable box so I got them paired up and I'm in business. Such a small thing made me so happy. I must have turned it on a dozen times over the course of the day just to see it light up.



It was raining when I woke up this morning. It didn't rain for long but I figure that any rain helps. As long as it doesn't rain when I'm driving up and back to Sturgeon Bay tomorrow I'll be happy.

 

I was happy to see a Goldfinch stop at the round feeder today. In fact two males stopped but I only got a picture of one.



Today I drew out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. I drew a lobster, an otter (sideways), a narwhal, a nautilus, and an octopus. Fun stuff.


The Daily Practice today was Lamp. I thought it'd be harder to draw lamps but it was a snap. Even the articulated arm of the desk lamp was easy to draw. I think it makes a difference that we're not drawing a particular thing, just an imaginary one. Maybe I'm getting better at this after all.



I've been working on the Kestrel Sock gusset a little. It's my least-favorite part of sock architecture and therefore I dawdle knitting it and it takes longer. I don't know why I don't like knitting it, I just don't. That's why I sometimes use the Strong heel rather than the flap, turn, and gusset heel but I like the way that last one feels on my feet.


Today was the last day of this month's Amazon Ads Profit Challenge. Today's video was all about profit and I'm nowhere near the 100 clicks on any of my books that he talks about for gathering data. I went on a website called GetCovers to see if they could design a better cover for Horizon. It's only $35 so I thought it might be worth it to see what they come up with. It's only supposed to take a few days to get the first draft of the cover. I'm anxious to see it. I don't know what I can do to get more clicks and sales on all of my books. I've tried rewriting the blurb, adding a subtitle, tightening the keywords, and changing the categories. Something has to make a difference.

--Barbara

No comments: