Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Last Rosebud

For now. All of the other roses are fading and dropping petals but this one rosebud is just fixing to bloom.



Under the rosebush these purple mums are still thinking it's autumn. I need to go out and trim off the buds so that it learns its lesson again this year. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.


Hidden by a tall bushy weed are the Black-eyed Susans. If I was taller I could reach the weed to cut it down but I'm not and I'm too chicken to tippytoe down along the fence up on top of the retaining wall. The grandkids can walk up there and the landscapers too but not me. I just can't do it. So the flowers are blooming in secret this year.



Oh man, today's Daily Practice was something. First it was drawing Cactus and that went pretty well. Then it was on to Paint Brushes and I gotta say that I will not be drawing paint brushes ever again. Those are without a doubt the worst looking brushes in captivity.


Drawing from 20 Ways to Draw a Butterfly went a bit better. I like the toucan and the pterosaurus, and the winged horse isn't bad, but the owl looks like some kid in an owl costume, and the bat should be colored black.



Today was the first day of the new Amazon Ad Challenge. I watched the first video this morning and it's the very same one that ran in May. I could tell because of the dates on his Marketing pages that he used as examples. But I paid attention and ended up changing the subtitle of the Horizon eBook and making an auto ad for it. Maybe that will draw a few clicks. Baby steps.


I went to two groceries today to get ingredients for the Farro Salad that I'll make tomorrow to take to the knit-away weekend on Friday. I got in a lot of steps in Meijer because I accidentally touched a couple items that moved them to the delete pile before I got them into the cart so checking that I had everything before I left took me back retracing my steps in Produce. I had to go to Metro Market too because they have boneless chicken breasts in the butcher case so I could just buy one half-pound piece instead of having to buy a whole five-pound package when I only need six ounces.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a busy day what with going to two markets. At least you're all set for your weekend.