Friday, July 14, 2023

All Wound Up

This afternoon I realized that I was going to finish the toe of the Hayden Hawthorne Sock at Friday Night Knitting tonight so I need more sock yarn ready so I can cast on another sock for next weekend's knit-away with friends. First, here's the Hayden Hawthorne Sock in all its glory. I wove in the tails and even darned the holes where the heel joins the leg of the sock which I'm sure were holes because I screwed up knitting the heel. Oh well, all fixed now. P.S. I hope it fits.



And here's all the sock yarn I wound up. I figured that as long as I had the swift and ball winder out and set up I might as well just get it all wound into cakes so I can just pick yarn and go. I think that the three smallest cakes are one-socks-worth of yarn which is perfect for me because I never knit two socks the same.


I've still got roses although they're starting to fade. I'll miss them when they're gone but they'll be back at the end of summer.



Today's daily practice was Tulips and Owls. I feel like I did better on the owls than on the tulips. I especially like the tiny owl I drew in the lower right of the page just to fill in the space.


In keeping with the flowers theme I paged through Draw 500 Fabulous Flowers and found these on the next page. Meh. They're alright.



And finally, art-wise, I painted a flower on a postcard. It's okay.


When I opened the drapes this morning this rabbit was lounging on the back step. Just laying there chilling in the morning cool. It kept a close eye on me while I carefully picked up the camera and took its picture.



The chipmunk never rests. It's always on high alert, twitching, scratching, ears pricked, and muscles tense. Even sitting there in the shelter of the birdseed cans you can see that it was ready to make a dash for safety.


It was hot-ish and muggy today so I stayed indoors where it's cool. I probably should have gone out, unhooked the hose from the soaker hoses, and watered the geraniums and cleaned and refilled the birdbath but I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe I'll do all that tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You are well stocked in the yarn department. Cute wildlife in your backyard.